No announcement yet.

can you work at a bank after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it's true some employers will shy away from hiring individuals that have declared bankruptcy, it really all depends on the type of job you're applying for. Want to work as a bank teller? Expect a credit check and a prompt denial if you've had a lot of financial problems. They'll view your bad credit as a sign of financial irresponsibility.
    e

Comment

Certain industries look down on bk particularly harshly the financial industry is one of them. The theory is that if you filed bk you may be more likely to steal. Other industries could care less about your bk.

Comment

Someone had mentioned bringing up the BK in an interview... I would not do that. If the opportunity arose while talking to someone in HR/Recruiting then I might bring it up as they are likely to have run into that many times over. The reason that I would not bring it up in an interview with a potential manager is that in most cases they wouldn't know (and shouldn't know) that BK was the reason that HR said not to hire you even if that was the case. From a legal standpoint I do not believe that HR at the hiring company could directly share that information with the hiring manager ( they could just say something like that you failed their background check or something). So telling the hiring manager doesn't gain you anything, but depending on the viewpoint of the hiring manager it could be a turnoff and cost you a call back even if you cleared the HR requirements.

At least that is my take.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X